Combining rugged tablet technology with drone software is changing the way aerial views can help on the ground teams in a wide variety of verticals.
With a rugged tablet enabled to run drone software and control activity via a downloadable app, DT Research is making it easier for first responders, law enforcement officials, utilities, construction site managers and search and rescue crews to quickly and comprehensively map and view large areas without endangering field teams.
Benefits of Drone Software on Rugged Tablets
With a rugged tablet in hand, field teams can:
- Direct and monitor drone aviation from the ground from long distances with real time connectivity and collaborative management
- Manage multiple drones to prevent in-air collisions and gain a better picture of the terrain
- Work with air traffic control to detect other drones in area, and to ensure safety around airports, particularly small fields
Uses for Drone Technology
The ability of field workers to utilize drone technology with the aid of a portable, easy to use rugged tablet allows for safety and accuracy to be increased across multiple verticals. Drones and tablets can be used to:
- Complete surveying around airports for construction jobs, such as runway extensions
- Aid first responders in quickly evaluating the scene of a disaster, such as a flood, hurricane, or tornado
- Help search and rescue teams cover more ground from a birds eye view, resulting in quicker rescues and higher success rates even in difficult and dangerous terrain
- Assist law enforcement officers with investigating crime scenes
- Facilitate faster evaluations and remediation for utilities crews by swiftly identifying downed lines
Rugged Tablet Features
The DT340T rugged tablet is ideal for use with drone technology, thanks to features that enhance performance and increase mobility. This model has:
- A high-brightness screen for outdoor use in all kinds of light
- Expanded processing power to allow simultaneous use of multiple applications
- Graphic card options for high-powered graphics and more definition and clarity
- The ability to drill down in more depth into maps provided by drone flights
All of this is now possible with a lighter weight rugged tablet which is able to complete all the tasks of a comparable but heavier equipment. Drone technology is transforming the way field teams see their surroundings, and can boost efficiency, speed workflows, and save lives.