Purpose built, rugged tablet tech for the military is some of the strongest, most durable, fastest computing options out there for use in the office or in the field. Here are five ways tablet tech is going to be used in the military over the coming year:
- Training exercises. Rugged tablets allow new recruits to get up to speed quickly and perform efficiently and accurately in high-pressure situations. Being able to depend on high-quality tech in the field and on missions is part of the way our military keeps soldiers safe.
- Ground transport. GPS and real-time communications combined with barcode scanning and RFID technology allows military transport units to be tracked in real time and confirm real positioning at any time. This can be crucial when supplies are on the road, or units need to meet up in a tight time frame.
- Military Maintenance. Staying on top of requisitions, inventory, vehicle maintenance, medical care and other key components of keeping a base running smoothly depends on having all of the right information available at any given moment. Administrative staff can benefit from mobile tablets that keep them connected.
- Note taking. When in the field, faced with less than ideal conditions, the ability to take clear notes quickly and easily can be vital to a mission’s success. Rugged tablets can be operated with a detachable keyboard, a stylus, a pen, and even a fingertip depending on the device setup and touch screen capacity.
- Docking for mobility. Docks for rugged tablets can now be mounted in almost any vehicle or piece of equipment on base or off. This flexibility allows the purpose-built tablet to be used in the vehicle, in the field, and in the office with ease.
Rugged tablets for military use are designed for harsh environments, constant use, and versatility. CAC readers can control access, moisture resistant exteriors prevent damage from the elements, and long battery life means round the clock use is not an issue.
As more branches of the military turn to military-grade tablets, their value stretches beyond administrative duties and into real world, critical situations. The Coast Guard, Navy, Army, Air Force and Marines all recognize that the future of communications and digital access is mobile, and tablet tech is easily portable and highly connected.
From the base to the medical bay, from the field to the commissary, rugged tablets will help our military run more smoothly throughout 2018 and beyond.