Intermodal logistics companies can depend on rugged tablets for efficient cost-effective back-end transportation system management and container maintenance coordination within shipping yards and between check points, thanks to key features that deliver unmatched effectiveness and accuracy.
Tablets with unique, purpose-built design, durability and flexibility are required for today’s fast moving and complex logistics industry. Required features include obsolescence resistant software and hardware, multi-environment readability and usability, and the capability to run for hours without the need for a tablet swap or full unit recharge.
Companies with hundreds of trucks and integrated networks of smart depots need fully equipped rugged tablets to perform processes including tracking containers and chassis moving in and out of logistics businesses networks, with the ability to monitor and maintain across a wide range of efficiencies. Multi-service companies need tablets that can improve productivity in delivering results for expedited services and freight forwarding, customs and truck brokerage, chassis provisioning, warehousing, and secured container storage.
Logistics tablets must be durable enough to stand up to the rough environments presented by logistics and fleet management, to avoid valuable time lost to fixing broken attachments and dealing with dead batteries. Another concern is the poor wireless communication capabilities present in many tablets, which create frustration and delays due to lack of real time data.
Purpose built rugged tablets for effective fleet management deliver:
• Reliable WiFi connectivity, 4G LTE mobile broadband, and a 1,000 foot Bluetooth range to ensure that communications are constant and all data is immediately available to drive informed decision making.
• Hot-swappable battery packs that deliver 60 or 90 watts for up to 15 hours of mobile communications, which allows the tablets to remain working continuously and eliminate downtime.
• The versatility to easily go from handheld to vehicle mounted and back again, with a durable yet lightweight design that enhances portability, high powered processors, and up to 1TB of storage for full functionality in the field.
• Sunlight-readable LED backlit screens with capacitive touch, to make outdoor use in direct sunlight possible and transition to in-office use simple and fast.
• Compliance with the highest durability standards with an IP65 rating, MIL-STD-810G for vibration and shock resistance and MIL-STD-461F for EMI and EMC tolerance.
• Accessories including external antennas, a wide variety of data capture options, mountable cradles, detachable keyboards, and battery and vehicle chargers.
Rugged tablets for logistics and fleet management provide all of the features and benefits required for increased productivity, enhanced efficiency, and improved user experiences in harsh environments as well as fixed location hubs.