In hospitals, every minute is valuable. Lengthening the life of necessary equipment can go a long way in saving time and lives in the long run, and it can increase the productivity of both nurses and doctors alike. Without the tools they need, it can be difficult for anyone to do their job, medical professionals included.
All-in-one computers can replace a variety of other necessary devices, and hot-swappable batteries ensure they last longer without a cord. Trying to charge necessary devices while they’re needed can be troublesome, and trying to swap devices can be equally frustrating. With hot-swappable batteries, doctors can continue working seamlessly through several shifts.
- Why hot-swappable? “Hot-swappable” simply means that the batteries can be switched out for new ones without shutting down the device. This saves work from being lost, and allows the user to continue working without plugging in/shutting down the computer.
- Better cost efficiency. Doctors and nurses don’t need to switch out their computer/tablet for another one when the charge is dead, and there’s no need for the hospital to buy additional devices or costly cart batteries.
- With hot-swappable batteries, doctors and nurses can achieve seamless, uninterrupted work. Instead of shutting the computer down or leaving it to charge, they can simply switch the batteries and continue working.
- All-in-one computers can be mounted onto a mobile cart, and with hot-swappable batteries, the cart can be lighter and smaller than one with a cart battery, making the cart easier to maneuver. A set of batteries can be left to charge while the computer is being used, and there’s no need to tether the device to a wall outlet or charging station.
- Electronic Health Records (EHR) compatible. All-in-one computers can be synced to EHR systems, which allows for easy digitization, fewer errors, and better data availability. Nurses and doctors can access all the information they need quickly, and they can collaborate and communicate with other employees at a moment’s notice.
All-in-one computers and hot-swappable batteries are just a few of the advancements made with medical facilities in mind, but they’re arguably two of the most important. The ability to work uninterrupted and move freely is important, especially in a hospital. During emergencies, the added efficiency of these devices can help save lives and reduce stress in doctors and nurses. Reliable equipment is one of the best things to offer a medical professional, and there’s no better tool than a versatile, hospital grade all-in-one computer.