Rugged tablet mobility is continually being improved, with features and benefits that make each device more useful and easier to use. These seven things in particular make rugged tablets the device of choice for dozens of verticals that demand the latest and best in mobile technology to increase efficiency, boost productivity, and improve workflows:
- Carrying cases that convert into rugged tablet stands offer portability from office to field, convenience with the ability to function on any surface, protection against damage when being transported or used in the field, and an extra layer of security.
- Detachable keyboards provide the option for those who prefer a keyboard to work quickly and familiarly with tools they know and prefer. Removing the keyboard turns the device back into a handheld, touchscreen operable device that can be used with fingertip writing or a digital pen with ease.
- Fully integrated data capture options include bar code and RFID scanners that can quickly register and record data. CAC scanners, card swipe functionality, QR code readers and signature capture add more options for data capture for multiple uses and from multiple sources.
- Multiple battery chargers can allow extra batteries to be kept charged at all times and provide centralized and satellite stations where a fresh battery can always be accessed. Likewise, tablet charging cabinets can also be used if preferred.
- Hot swappable batteries allow rugged tablets to be recharged without losing power or data, ideal for intensive work environments from construction, warehouses and logistics to medical, military, and first responder teams.
- Vehicle mount cradles and vehicle chargers make mobility simple, allowing rugged tablets to convert from handheld to mounted and charging in seconds then back to handheld when on scene. Connectivity is uninterrupted and data transmission is secure.
- Fanless designs remove a common point of failure, preventing problems often seen with fan using devices when the fan fails or cannot prevent overheating, or is damaged when debris is sucked into the fan. Less points of failure means higher reliability on and off the field.
DT Research rugged tablets are designed for functionality, ease of use, durability, security, and reliability. Having extra features makes each tablet fully customizable for the job at hand and increases the usefulness and lifespan of each device.