Tablets that are created with drone compatibility in mind have dual frequency GNSS modules to utilize real-time reference points from aerial photogrammetry and can swiftly create 3-D recreations of sites with 1-2 centimeter accuracy.
From forensic mapping to site reconstruction, position data derived from satellite-based positioning systems or captured by drones allows sites to be swept and cleared in short time periods and with an eye to the safety of both the public and response teams. Areas can quickly be checked for those stranded or trapped by rising floodwaters, and evaluate the safety of bridges or structures before attempting to send on-the-ground teams in to do recovery or site clearance.
Public safety teams, investigators, adjusters and other key personnel on field teams working the disaster zone can collect accurate data by utilizing tablet / drone technology. Rugged tablets designed for drone utilization are built to the same rugged specifications as tablets used by military and government teams, providing mobility and real time communication in a device that is intended to meet the demands of harsh environments:
- Lightweight, portable rugged cases deliver maximum versatility and portability, for office to vehicle to field use.
- Sunlight readable displays allow viewing to transition seamlessly from indoors to outdoors.
- Touch screens provide accessibility via stylus or fingertip writing.
- Detachable keyboards allow fast data entry anywhere at any time.
- Vehicle mounts deliver stability and the option to charge while on the move, and batteries can be swapped on the fly for maximum operating time.
- Easily programmed side buttons and a directional pad are compatible with existing survey and GIS software.
These compact devices offer ultra-mobility combined with all the functionality of an RTK tablet. The combination of ruggedness and leading edge technology provides both flexibility and informational access that can be invaluable to law enforcement and first responders who need data they can trust.
City, county, and state governments can benefit from tablet / drone technology for use in times of natural disaster, to increase safety, drive efficiency, and deliver superior results for those seeking to remedy damage done by a storm or flood. Whether the threat is water, fire, or wind, rugged tablets can deliver fast, accurate mapping and make the jobs of those responsible for savings lives and restoring order safer with purpose built equipment.