Transportation and logistics are two fields that require a large degree of organization and flexibility. Without the proper equipment and training, the chain of communication and transport can be broken. To avoid accidents, misunderstandings, and other complications, many companies are utilizing technology to assist in the process.
By going digital, information can be transferred from person to person in a moment’s notice. Purpose-built technology like tablets are helping with that process, among many other factors of the industry. Here are nine of the many benefits that rugged tablets bring to the table:
- Eliminate mistakes and data entry errors. Integrated barcode and RFID scanning, image capture, and the ability to seamlessly edit documents makes it easier to safely, accurately, and reliably collect information and take inventory.
- Communicate in real-time. Wireless LAN and WWAN connectivity allows these tablets to connect to the fastest Wi-Fi and data networks available, making it easy to communicate and collaborate in real time.
- Optimize asset utilization. With GPS capabilities, long-lasting batteries, and the functionality of a modern computer, tablets can help workers save time, accurately communicate, and use applications previously limited to bulky desktop/laptop computers.
- Barcode scanning and signature capture. RFID readers and barcode scanning/signature capture are built seamlessly into the device for everyday use, and other easy-to-use accessories can be added.
- Reduce paperwork. With digital documents, data collection, and digital coding, paperwork can be reduced by over two thirds after full integration of the tablet systems.
- Capture images/video of damaged items. Color cameras allow for workers to take pictures of damaged goods. These pictures can be attached to files, emailed to clients, and collected as evidence.
- Improve customer service. Real-time communication and improved data collection make it easier to talk to clients, send photos and tracking information, and keep them updated on their goods at all times.
- Track container locations. GPS capability allow for easier location, and containers can be marked and organized with barcodes and RFID for better tracking.
- Minimize downtime. Productivity is almost guaranteed to rise exponentially after the utilization of tablets. Without the need to print/fax paperwork, fetch various devices, and use outdated technology, workers can work faster and more efficiently.
Rugged tablets are designed to handle the demanding work. With protection against extreme temperatures, shock and impact damage, vibration, and water, these tablets are purpose-built from the motherboard up to withstand hard conditions. Whether the tablet is being used by an on-the-road trucker, on a plane, or shipping ports, they’re the most worthwhile devices to have in the hands of an employee.