When on the move or in the field, there’s always a need for tools and devices that can operate with mobility. The functionality of a computer or tablet is limited when it cannot handle hard travel, both on paved roads and all-terrain.
Durable technology is becoming essential for any operation that may find itself on the road for long periods of time, and ruggedized, mounted tablets are the solution to many of the design flaws found in consumer-grade tablets and laptops.
Here are a few of the added benefits of using purpose-built tech, and how vehicle mount tablets specifically can benefit the military, law enforcement, and field service operations.
- Communication. Seamless, real-time data is a necessary requirement for field operations, no matter the goal. With fully integrated GPS, the driver can accurately navigate, and 4G LTE keeps communications running smoothly.
- Speed. These tablets’ Quad Core processors enable them to run a number of programs simultaneously, without sacrificing performance quality or battery life. No matter how heavy the workload, these tablets can carry the weight for reliable operations.
- Versatility. Whether used within a vehicle as a real-time GPS or communications hub, or in the hands of a field agent, the tablets can be mounted, discharged and carried, attached to a keyboard, or even plugged into other devices, moving smoothly between handheld operation and in-cradle use.
- Battery life. With a variety of charging options for both hot swappable batteries and the tablet, downtime is not an issue, and operating time can be lengthened with vehicle mounts that allow charging on the go.
- Durability. Protection against extreme temperature, water, shock damage, and even vibration damage is built into the design, making them usable in any context — rough terrain and harsh weather included. Stable mounts mean less chance of damage when traversing rough terrain.
- Reliability. On the field, a device is only as useful as it is reliable. Lightweight and innovative with extraordinarily long battery life, high-speed connectivity, and the processing power of a computer, rugged tablets are the only way to go when it comes to portable technology.
- Display. With a full HD display, not even the smallest detail will go unnoticed. The screen is backlit with LEDs and purpose-built for use in the brightest sunlight or the dim interior of a vehicle.
- Additional features. Adding to the flexibility, ruggedized tablets can be paired and upgraded with accessories. Keyboards, optional cameras, digital pens, and even RFID readers and barcode scanners are just a few of the time-saving accessories for professional, purpose-built tablets.
Where many other mounted devices are bulky and hard to use in real-world situations, rugged tablets with versatile vehicle mounts are designed to be used in a variety of situations, providing seamless transitions between in-hand and in-vehicle use.