The ability to work and manage supply chains in real time depends on having access to the right data. As customer expectations for the industry have changed, delivery commitment windows continue to tighten. When next week turns into next day or even next hour, customers expect and demand full visibility into the status of their shipment at all times, from stop to stop in every phase of the supply chain.
This can make the various steps to complete the process run up behind one another with mere minutes or seconds to spare instead of hours. Speed, accuracy, and dependability are key when it comes to solving these 6 problems or pain points. Rugged tablet tech can meet the challenge:
- Barcode scanning for inventory management and tracking is fast and easy with tablets that have fully integrated 2D scanners and can update records in real time.
- Inventory tracking and management also benefits from instantaneous recording and information transmission in regard to warehouse stock and in transit goods.
- Picking, packing, and sorting in the warehouse speeds up with hand held tech, and rugged tablets can also be forklift mounted for ease of access.
- Shipping and receiving is exponentially faster with handheld tech – two staff with tablets can do the work of six or seven with clipboards during rush jobs or seasonal heavy shipments.
- Restocking can be smoothly integrated, rectifying inventory and noting any package damage or reclassification of items from new to open box.
- Item, pallet, and container-level tagging and management can be rapidly completed from a forklift or vehicle with a mounted rugged tablet, which can then be handed off to other personnel as needed.
Rugged tablets and other handheld, purpose-built devices have become necessary tools for moving goods through the supply chain while increasing efficiency and heightening productivity. Quality control becomes easier, tight delivery windows can be met, manufacturers and retailers can maintain accurate inventories. Mobile devices enable real-time operational visibility, lead to better informed decision-making, and improve order processing from the warehouse to the final destination.
On the consumer side, customer service and satisfaction are increased with real time information that informs them of their expected delivery’s status at every point along the supply chain, leading to better outcomes in regard to successful delivery to the right person at the right place at a time that can be planned for in advance.
Rugged tablets for the supply chain relieve these pressure points and provide for satisfaction at all junctures of the supply chain from warehouse through logistics to final delivery.