Today, most emergency response and public-safety networks are online. This means that it is vital for first responders and law enforcement to be connected every second of the day. Every moment matters, and every bit of information is important. A slow, unreliable connection can result in missed details, slow response time, and even lost lives.
This is why the push for 4G LTE is critical. 4G opens up many potential avenues for communication, efficiency, and speed, and with the proper device, the possibilities can be endless.
Here are just five reasons that 4G LTE can benefit police departments, emergency services, and first responders:
- Cost effectiveness. Without the need to return to the office, files can be easily collected and sent, saving both time and money. Officers and medics can be in the field longer, and calls can be answered quickly as they come in. As data and connectivity becomes cheaper, there are more options for users who must be always-on.
- Flexibility. The ability to change fluidly to handle every situation is part of being a first-responder. 4G LTE enables law enforcement and other users to switch between the best solutions for each situation to keep communications clear.
- Real-time connectivity. When things begin to happen and change quickly, real-time communication, analytics, and GPS information becomes vital. A stable connection can ensure that a team is always in the loop, no matter their location or status.
- Remote management. Remote cloud management makes it easier to upgrade firmware, monitor, trouble-shoot, and even deploy with the ‘zero-touch’ feature. This opens up an entirely new realm of possibility for savings, productivity, and other benefits.
- Reliability. With tools like rugged tablets, wi-fi cameras, dashboard cams, and GPS, the demand for constant Wi-Fi connection is at an all-time high. 4G LTE makes that possible, and the connection is not only cost-effective and flexible, but reliable, ensuring that no-one is ever left stranded without communications.
More first responder and law enforcement units and communities are embracing the future of 4G LTE and all of the accessories that work with it. As we enter a more connected world, it should become easier to field calls, respond to emergencies, and render aid to all in their time of need.