In today’s connected world, most people have some sort of mobile device to help them get through the day. By helping people remember important information, contacting peers, and doing basic tasks, technology has improved how we work, live, and communicate.
Our military and government also need convenient ways to communicate and keep up, especially in the field where communication is at its most vital. Thankfully due to advancements in rugged technology, tablets are the perfect piece of technology for just those situations. Here are eight ways that these military rugged tablets can conquer in-theater challenges:
- The need for real time data. Nothing is more important than staying up to date out on the field, and these tablets are designed to be easy to transport and use with their sleek design and ease-of-use accessories like hot-swappable batteries and instant-on keyboards.
- Docking and transport needs. These tablets can also dock right into a vehicle, so there is no risk of fumbling or dropping it while on the move.
- Harsh environments. Modern technology is very fragile. If any dirt, dust, or debris gets inside of a tablet, it can severely malfunction, leaving you out of the loop. Rugged tablets can withstand dirt, dust, moisture, and even extreme temperatures and continue to work, no matter what the grit and grime the environment brings.
- Daily demanding usage. These tablets are designed to handle hard use, with a rugged design that is built to keep the delicate inner workings intact even through drops, falls, and impact damage.
- Visibility difficulties. Rugged tablets also offer easy reading and viewing in both dim environments or overly bright ones. Wherever work takes you, you will always be able to access any updating information.
- Networking capability. No matter where any members of your team might be located, purpose-built tech with built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth and options for Class 1 Bluetooth, 4G LTE, and GNSS will ensure that your team will be able to collaborate efficiently and perform at their best.
- Security concerns. These tablets have a slew of encryption capabilities that offer security with ease.
- Varying access requirements. With features like CAC, the tablet can grant or deny access based on swipe cards that your team members have.
No matter how mobile you are, how intense your environment is, or how sensitive the information you’re handling, rugged technology is designed to handle it. They offer the operating capability of a computer and the mobility of a cellphone, while still remaining versatile and user-friendly. Rugged tablet technology is becoming more and more popular both on and off the field, and it’s not hard to see why.