The widespread use of purpose built rugged tech is becoming common in many fields, including military, government field employees, and even retail shops and fast food chains. Tablet tech is versatile and easy-to-use for any employee, and can be integrated quickly when it is customized for the end user.
Despite all of the potential uses and functionalities, many companies are hesitating to take the first step in deployment of rugged tech. Here are six reasons to explore purpose built rugged tablets today.
- Privacy. With many commercial-grade tablets, privacy protection is forfeited in favor of easy connectivity and the pre-installation of social media apps like Facebook or Twitter. Rugged tablets value protection and functionality above all else. They are designed to decrease data vulnerability, making them perfect for company and government use. They can also be made compliant or compatible with various regulations and standards on demand.
- Environment. From cracked screens to broken casings, a tablet’s lifespan can be short lived when it’s put under stress. Rugged tablets are built to withstand those stresses, along with damage brought on by dust, water, and intense temperatures. Customized cases and vehicle mounts make use on the road or in the field worry free.
- Portability. Tablets strike a delicate balance between the portability of a smartphone and the functionality of a computer, with user-friendly options like detachable keyboards, touchscreens, and stylus operation designed for the end user’s unique needs.
- Functionality. Rugged tablets can be configured to do a multitude of things, all depending on what use they are being purchased for. Purpose built tablets can feature options such as RFID scanners, cameras, barcode scanners, and CAC readers as needed.
- Adaptability. Rugged tablets for military and government use are designed to resist obsolescence, tailor built to demanding specifications and integrated fully with the latest platforms for ongoing usefulness. They can be configured to integrate with existing systems, and designed to remain fully functional through regular software updates.
- Connectivity. Tablets can be used to communicate between clients, employees, and with other branches. Their high security and connectivity means that they can be used to discuss business plans, upcoming events, and even mergers without issue. Secure network configuration adds an extra level of privacy, and options like media blackout can be triggered on demand.
When customized correctly, a rugged tablet can replace a number of devices found in the workplace. A deployment of purpose built rugged tablets is the natural next step for any company seeking to become more technologically advanced.