Wheeled vehicles are the most-used form of transportation, especially in the military field. They should be equipped with nothing but the best of technology, to make sure the people and cargo being carried get where they need to be. Military vehicles need to be fast, efficient, and able to get where they need to be with no hitches along the way.
Technology has made it easier to remotely keep track of the actual vehicles themselves, what they’re carrying, and where they’re going. Docking a rugged tablet inside a vehicle enables the driver or passengers to do a number of things they wouldn’t have been able to accomplish before. From GPS capabilities to communication, vehicle mounted rugged tablets can be used to the mission’s benefit in nearly any scenario.
6 benefits to docking a rugged tablet into a military vehicle.
- Tracking. A fleet of vehicles is only as good as their organization. When transporting soldiers, weapons, or resources, it’s important to know where every segment of the unit is from the moment they leave to the moment they get to their destination.
- Field communication. With a rugged tablet, it is easier than ever to establish a steady, protected connection with the rest of a group. Critical information, changes in plans, and other important notifications can be passed along quickly and efficiently, and disasters and misunderstandings alike can be avoided with a single message.
- Training. With rugged tablets, soldiers can quickly learn new skills while on the go. Videos can make it easy to assimilate new information, and a vehicle with a docked rugged tablet can play or stream videos on demand.
- Mission planning. A lot of strategizing takes place on the road. Keeping the unit updated across multiple vehicles is easy with tablet technology, and when the meeting takes place on the go, there’s no need to physically regroup to update everyone.
- GPS capabilities. Paper maps can be unreliable, especially when the plans and routes are ever-shifting. GPS technology can help soldiers navigate any field, and make sure they get to their destination safely and on time.
- Maintenance. Military grade tablets can help the driver keep up with the vehicle maintenance, and record any issues the vehicle may be having until they can return to base. This can also extend to include soldiers themselves, and injuries or medical needs which can be recorded and triaged until they can be treated.
Military vehicles that take advantage of tech like mounted rugged tablets can provide added efficiency and safety to every member of a unit.