Military base efficiency has skyrocketed with the advent and implementation of the latest technology now available: rugged tablets. Handheld, durable devices have revolutionized the way military bases are run, from office to training field to missions.
The way a military base functions depends heavily on communication and connectivity between personnel. Over the past few years, federal agencies began implementing more mobile devices which operate on closed networks, providing a safe, secure communication and data transfer system to streamline base operations and maximize efficiency.
The military and the armed forces in general benefit heavily from mobile rugged tablet technology. Ways tablets can be leveraged for efficiency on military bases include:
- Reduction of paper document transfers. With tablet to tablet communication, data can be swiftly and securely transferred without waiting for documents to be hand carried from place to place. Instant delivery of information increases productivity and streamlines office to office communications.
- Better functionality and durability than smartphones or consumer grade devices. Rugged tablets have higher processing capability, rugged builds to withstand challenging environments, and accessories that smartphones and consumer grade tablets don’t have, being designed specifically with today’s soldier in mind.
- High level security options. Handheld devices are often seen as a privacy and security concern, but rugged tablets built to military standards provide security above and beyond that of consumer grade devices, as well as many options such as media blackout and other safeguards that protect military security on and off base.
- CAC functionality. Card access fits perfectly with military base use when it comes to secured devices that are mobile and connected. Card readers provide the ability to deliver varying levels of access depending on the user of the moment, making rugged tablets more flexible and providing a way for quick handoff between staff members without worries about rank or level of security clearance being an issue.
- Smart technology and apps. A high adoption of mobile devices means the need for apps that are tailored to end user needs and convenience. Rugged tablets can be loaded with customized applications designed for military use, such as situational awareness tools, field medical apps, augmented reality training modules, and more.
Military grade rugged tablets not only optimize military base efficiency, they boost productivity and increase security. Rugged tablet expansion to more military bases in all branches of service is a certainty over the next few years, as hardware and software solutions become more customized.