With optional MSR, tablets and LCD-integrated systems can read student IDs and receive payments, and thin clients offer space-saving information access. DT Research’s digital signage products provide an efficient and effective communications tool for campuses of any size.
- Enhanced data accuracy; reduce manual entry mistakes
- Data transmission anytime and anywhere
- Faster, effective communications
- Central device management; reduce total cost of ownership
- Streamline electronic workflow
How DT Research Products Benefit Education
On school campuses information can be quickly circulated and efficiently managed with the convenient and easy-to-use features offered by the DT Research Computing Systems:
- Windows® based operating systems; easily integrated with other application systems
- Wireless, compact, lightweight and ruggedized designs
- Anti-microbial enclosure options for easy-to-clean, bacteria-resistant maintenance
- Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and 3G wireless available for real-time data access and transmission, anytime and anywhere
- Data capture modules: camera, MSR, barcode scanner, RFID and smart card readers to retrieve information quickly and accurately
- Enhanced security via Trusted Platform Management and users’ authentication identification via smart card reader
- A variety of accessories for flexible placement, portability and device charging
- Highly sensitive touchscreens for convenient operation and data access
- Remotely monitor and control hardware, deploy OS, firmware updates and manage the power status with WebDT Device Manager software; minimize IT maintenance efforts, streamline the system workflow
Front office, hallways, gymnasium
- Digital Signage in the halls and other high-traffic areas display announcements, campus building directories and maps
- Integrated-LCD system for information access, calendars; wall-mountable and optional touchscreen
- Robust and space-saving Thin Clients or Integrated-LCDs at registration counters as data terminals; Mobile Tablets and handhelds for mobile registration, data access, and payments
- Integrated-LCDs with touch screens provide a space-saving solution for computer labs with added security for pre-defined program access.
- Mobile Tablets give students an efficient tool for completing and turning in classwork, and teachers can discretely monitor each student’s progress in the class. Students can also take the tablet home for research and homework, submitting papers to teachers online.
- Slim Thin Clients take up little space on the desk, and can be mounted to the back of a monitor for a computer lab that reduces energy use and can be remotely monitored.
- The slim, all-in-one Integrated-LCD is ideal for cafeteria staff to enter food orders that go directly to the same system in the kitchen, and added MSR receives payments or debits from a meal-plan account.
- Energy and space-saving Thin Clients and Cloud Computing Appliances de-clutter the office while adding security through server or cloud-based information access.
- Mobile Tablets and POS Handhelds enable anywhere-payments and double-task for inventory management in real-time during sales and after hours using optional barcode scanner, RFID reader, and MSR.
- Digital signage in campus stores provide advertising revenue from vendors and give instant updates on events and important information for students and staff.